Delighted to share our heart-to-heart conversation with Hina Vasnani. Her journey through the pandemic has been an inspiring one. Her dedication to change tragedy into opportunity has taken her work to greater heights. Read more about the enthusiastic counselor.
- Tell us a little about yourself. What services do you offer?
I am a counselling psychologist, certified in gestalt psychotherapy, art therapy, relationship coaching, and tarot card reading. My sessions are very client-centered. Each client brings with them different concerns and challenges. My choice of therapy is mostly influenced by the client. I use several ways to allow the client to express and feel healed eventually. It is a lengthy process, but certainly brings in a lot of change with time.
- What is your key driving force?
I have always been intrigued by the field of psychology. My school laid down a strong foundation of psychology in my life. The loss of a dear friend hit me real hard. It pushed me beyond my limits. I had the urge to move beyond my comfort zone and make my career as a counsellor. Today I work to make a difference in every client’s life who seeks counseling from me.
- During this COVID-19 crisis, what are the measures you have undertaken to continue your work without disruption?
COVID-19 has been an eye-opener to the need for therapists in society. It was this year when mental health received the importance people had long denied. Fortunately, in this unfortunate time, we counselors got the opportunity to take our work online and help society to the best of our potential. It was certainly challenging for us to shift our work online, but gradually things got better. I was blessed to conduct numerous webinars online. It gave me immense exposure and kept me connected with professionals from my field.
- How do you market your work, and which tactics have been most successful?
I have been very dependent on word of mouth, and recently I have launched my Instagram page – celestial.tribe17.
- What are some of the challenges you have dealt with?
Mental Health has been a prime focus in my life. Initially, small tricks and tools were good support. As life became intricate, real therapy work was much needed. With this, understanding dawned as to how to make therapy more conducive and available. Creating awareness and acceptance of self-awareness about mental health is still a prominent feat.
- Have you considered any alliance/partnership/funding?
Alliances are welcome. More, the better.
- What are your key responsibilities as a professional?
Being true to my work and keeping up the work quality by regularly honing my skill set.
- How many hours a day do you work on average. Can you describe/outline your typical day?
It depends on my appointments throughout the day and any webinars/workshops if aligned.
- Given the rapid pace at which the world is changing, what are the leadership traits that are necessary for success?
Being driven. Clear goals. Honest effort. Skills.
- Please share with us – what has worked well for you so far?
In terms of work, personal sessions and webinars are a success to me.
- What is your greatest fear, and how do you manage it?
I accept all challenges as success is assured. Universe has a solution even before the problem arises. Hence, I feel blessed.
- What comes first for you, money or emotions?
Both have their value in my life. Emotions make me who I am, and money facilitates my thoughts and feelings in staying healthy.
- What piece of advice would you give to college graduates who want to become mental health experts??
Follow your instincts. Each one of us has a different journey so enjoy yours.
Follow Hina Vasnani at: