Mitashi works as a mental health counselor and a corporate coach. She has worked with different setups such as schools, hospitals, and clinics. Her experience as a counselor began with working for Doctor on Call, Pvt. Ltd. At DOC, she led the Psychology department and planned workshops for different organisations. She also worked as an expert tele-counselor. This included calls from several clients of different age groups with varied concerns.
She later moved to work as a full-time counselor and special educator with Lotus Valley International School, Gurgaon. She worked as an expert on autism, attention deficit and hyperactive disorder, and other learning concerns. Her expertise also included working on different behavioral and emotional concerns.
Experience as a school counsellor:
Her experience with young kids has been extensive. She has worked on different behavioral and emotional needs. Her strength lies in using play and art therapy when working with little kids. A lot of focus is on the kids’ needs rather than looking for a quick fix to any problem. Parents show immense faith in her practice as she is easily able to build rapport with students.
Her work is not limited to just students. She also does counseling for parents and teachers and hosts regular mental health workshops for them.
She has conducted several workshops for schools such as:
- Managing emotions
- Dealing with anger
- Sex education for junior and senior students
- Life skills
- Conflicting relationships
- Time management
- Drug abuse
- Stress Management
- Stress and anxiety
- Child sexual abuse
- Gender sensitivity
She has held workshops in different schools namely-
- Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj
- Delhi Public School, Ambala
- Delhi Public School, North Kolkata
- Delhi Public School, Faridabad
- Manav Rachna International School, Gurgaon
- Bal Bharti Public School, Dwarka
- Indira Gandhi Memorial School, Kolkata
- Apeejay Public School, Salt Lake, Kolkata
- Lotus Valley International School, Gurgaon
Experience as a corporate coach:
Mitashi has conducted workshops on different topics for the corporate sector. She does not believe in a simple PowerPoint presentation to connect with her audience; her idea is to keep sessions interactive in nature. The aim is to connect with the participants and bring real-life experiences into play. Her sessions are conducted for a short duration or spread over a few days – it completely depends on how the planner needs to be delivered. She has held sessions on some interesting topics such as:
- Career counselling for the employees of The Hero Group.
- Career counselling for the employees’ children of The Hero group.
- Magical marriages for HDFC Bank employees, Chandigarh.
Mitashi is also passionate about writing on mental health topics. She realized it is a great medium to psycho educate people. She has written for different magazines and continues to write for:
- Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER)
- The Progressive Teacher Magazine
- Parent Circle